Sunday, January 15, 2012

You Never Know What You're Going To Find!

I went thrifting this weekend and wanted to share my latest thrift store find with you guys.  This hand-beaded hand-carved wooden jaguar head was at my local thrift store.  The intricate beading design really caught my eye.  It was only $4 so I decided that it would be something cool to have in my apartment.  When I got home, I noticed a signature on the back from the artist that crafted the jaguar mask.  I decided to do some researching and found this website...

http://www.lafuente.com/Mexican-Art/Huichol-Bead-Art/Jaguar-Heads/983/


The jaguar mask I bought for $4 is worth $449!  Like I said you never know what you're going to find.  Always take notice of artist signatures on items and do your research!  It can really pay off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment